Cross-platform app development frameworks allow the developers to create applications that are compatible with one or more operating systems, such as in the case of mobile application, iOS, and Android. Frameworks provide them a facility to write the code once and then run it on any platform.
Before starting with, frameworks come with erratic application behavior and performance issues; they have now become very popular because the cost of developing native apps for both the platform is very high.
Advantages of Cross Platform App Development Frameworks:
- Effective Code reusability
- Very cost-effective as compare to native apps development
- Decent consistency in UI components
- Easy to host
- Integration with the cloud environment
- Lesser technical barriers
Disadvantages of Cross Platform App Development Frameworks:
- A limited feature supported (depend on different devices on different platforms)
- Risk of sluggishness in running the code on a different platform
- The UX on all the platform may not always be optimal
- Need for updates like adding a new feature
- May not support all feature
5 Best Cross Platform App Development Frameworks
Let’s explore the 5 popular cross-platform app frameworks:
It was launched as an independent hybrid app development framework in 2011, but later acquired or merged with Microsoft in 2016.
It is a cross-platform app development platform that allows developers to write cross-platform, native apps for Android, iOS, and Windows. It is an open-source app development framework. The main goal is to solve the problem faced in native technology, which made cross-platform mobile app development, expensive and difficult.
Brands like Storyo, Olo, The World Bank, etc. used the Xamarin framework for building their applications. It is also known for the most frequent testing and updates, which adds a point value to this framework.
It uses C# and .Net for coding. Apart from fast development with plugins and the NuGet package Xamarin also provides native APIs access.
Benefits with Xamarin:
- Apps created with a single stack for faster development
- Take lesser time to acquire market
- Development for all platforms such as desktop (windows), mobile (Android & iOS), or vice-versa.
There is no setup required and no compiling, the best thing you can make any changes in your application directly on your mobile. Last but not least, Tabris.JS is very dynamic & has the capability of creating any complex applications. Tabris.JS is a secure, high-performance, and market-ready cross-platform app development work area.
Benefits with Tabris.JS:
- Known for quickly develop/deploy cycle (No web views)
- Create your native app online free of cost in a few minutes.
- React Native
The React Native framework is especially for mobile apps development. These are some cross-platform apps such as Facebook Ads Manager, Bloomberg, and UberEats that have been using React Native framework for their cross-platform mobile app development.
Benefits with React Native:
- A simple and better developer experience like instantly refresh to see the changes.
- Easy and simple to handle more than one platform
- It’s purely native
Flutter launched recently in 2017 by Google. It’s an open-source and free cross platform app development framework that allows developers to create native interfaces for iOS as well as Android.
It uses Dart, an OOP (object-oriented programming) language that is easy for developers to understand. It provides developers to preview the results of any changes in the code immediately within the device.
Flutter needs improvement in native development.
Benefits with Flutter:
- Wrapping web view and great UI
- Offers quick, manageable gadgets within the development framework
- Code take less time to write
- Apache Cordova/ Adobe PhoneGap
PhoneGap was known as Apache Cordova, owned and sourced by Adobe. It is a simple cross-platform app development framework that uses CSS, HTML5, and JS.
PhoneGap allows the developers to preview the results on the device immediately as they made any changes in code. Apart from the preview, it also allows you to share the app with your team for their feedback. It is a full package of surprises like it also offers a cloud solution if you want to develop your app directly.
It has a large number of plugins and a larger community that make it better than its competitors.
Benefits with PhoneGap:
- Desktop App without using the command line.
- Great developer experience
- Easy Mobile app development
Among all cross platform app development frameworks, you have just look at the top 5 frameworks that proven to be the best. So, before choosing one of the frameworks mentioned above, you need to create some pointers like your target and objective of your application. If you are unable to make a decision, allow SEOFutura to take the burden off your shoulders. Contact us now by giving a call!